How to Learn Nepali
To learn properly you have Janakedu.ttf font in your computer. If you haven't Janakedu.ttf font, click here to download and install it in your computer. (file size 47kb ) To Install a font to your computer
On the windows 95/98/Me/XP operating system.
- Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Fonts.
- On the File menu, click Install New Font.
- Click the drive, and then click the folder that contains the fonts you downloaded.
- Select the font from listbox.
- Then click on OK.
If you have already Janakedu.ttf font in your computer. Click on Start button to start learning.
Primary Nepali - English Learning Instruction Manual
Objective: This Instruction Manual has been designed as a learning course for the children of native Nepali speakers (or Nepali citizens) living abroad as well as for the foreigners willing to learn Nepali language. The users will learn Nepali alphabet, alphabet with vowel (as a single unit), simple words and basically conversational sentences.
Field: The manual consists of the vowel, the consonant, an alphabets with vowel and the basically simply sentences without any complication. It also consists of numbers from 1 to 100.
- A picture regarding the concerned alphabet and also the picture demonstrating activity regarding the alphabet.
- Skill such as listening, reading and writing
- Few basic alphabets for writing practice
- The process of sentence building
- Vocal speech in website.
Material presentation method:
- The picture introducing the first letter of a word of the block
- The roman name of the picture
- The main alphabet of Nepali language
- English alphabet representing main Nepali alphabet
- Roman pronunciation assisting Nepali pronounce
- (Full) Nepali name of the picture
- The picture and the English words representing Nepali names are kept in respective blocks. The method differs after some advancement.
- The materials presented in the manual are with vocal sound in the computer website.
- The English alphabets keep on repeating or occur twice in same place as there are many alphabets in Nepali language.
- 'N' is used for four different Nepali alphabets ( a , ` , 0f and Gf )
- English pronunciation of Nepali alphabets such as 8 and b , 6 and Tf , 7 and y are highly confusing.
- There is no clear different between c and cf in English.
- In the guide paper prepared by NAC, the word is written as 'Maamaa' which is the Indian way of writing but in Nepali,
JANAK EDUCATION MATERIALS CENTER LIMITED
Sanothimi, Bhaktapur, Nepal